My Skincare Routine

17:25:00

This may come as a surprise to some of you, as I sometimes feel like my blog falls into the 'beauty blog' category, but I'm really not big into makeup. I wear it when I go out, but on an everyday basis I usually can't be bothered. One thing that I do enjoy spending a lot of time on is skincare. I find that if my skin looks nice and acne free, I don't really need makeup anyways. Clear skin makes me feel so much better about myself, and although this may sound stupid, it makes me feel so much more accomplished.


My skin, as most teenagers', is quite oily most of the time. However, it also gets very dry, particularly during the winter months, and so I consider my skin to be a combination. It is also very sensitive and I get rashes if I use the wrong product.

Lastly, before I get into it, I would like to point out that my skin is naturally quite clear, and although I do get breakouts, I don't have acne. I also think the state of my skin is a lot due to my lifestyle, as I do exercise and eat healthy most of the time.

I apologise for the blurry image here - I snapped a photo, and I wasn't able to tell that it wasn't in focus until now.
The first thing in my skincare routine is this Simple Kind to Skin Moisturising Facial Wash. I use it most nights if I haven't used the scrub below, and every single morning. It's definitely more of a gel than a cream, and it really foams on your face.

I featured this in my last post, so I won't talk too much about it here, but I truly believe this is what clears up my skin the most. It's the Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Facial Scrub. This is such a miracle product. When I first bought this a month or so ago, my forehead was covered in acne, and this is probably the main component that helped me get rid of it. It's grainy, just as a scrub should be, but not abrasive, and it's also gentle enough to use every other day or so.

This is the moisturiser I use everyday, morning and evening. It definitely isn't too oily, but  perhaps the other way around. If my skin is feeling particularly dry that day, I usually apply it twice.

That's all! I don't really know whether my skincare routine is worth a post of itself, because it's quite short, but I really like to keep it simple (see what I did there??). I do like the Simple range though,as I find it very gentle towards my sensitive skin. It's also very cheap, and you can definitely get all of these three products for a total less than £8.




You Might Also Like

0 comments