Cotswolds Roadtrip Part 1: The Miniature Village

17:48:00

England is one of my favourite places in the entire world. It's just so beautiful, and makes me feel completely at home. We visit our grandparents there quite often, and every time we return, I feel myself slipping into such a happy mood, as if I'm in a fairytale. I love it.

When we were there over christmas, my dad and I spent a day driving around the Cotswolds. I always complain about not having seen enough of England, and since my grandparents live in such a beautiful area, we figured we'd have a little drive around.


We visited so many mystical and breathtaking places. I took it mainly as a photography trip, and so I have a lot of photos to share. I've decided to split all of them into three posts, the rest of which will be up over the next few weeks.


On the first leg of our day-long roadtrip, we visited the miniature village in Bourton-on-the-Water. I didn't really know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The miniature village is basically a replica of the actual village. The streets and houses are exactly as they are in real life, just smaller.

The amount of detail that went into some of the buildings was also quite fascinating. Although I do admit that it could have been a lot better taken care of and looked neater, the miniature shop displays were quite cool.

One of the houses even had a tractor and a dog, how cute is that?


Now this is an actual house, where people live (although I'm pretty sure I didn't take this in Bourton). I still thought it was adorable though, and the name on the gate just made it 100x better.


For some reason, I'm really fascinated by the fact that they made a shiny, silver car in the old-fashioned village. Something about the contrast of that stands out to me.


 Here we have the city bank. Surprisingly accurate, although slightly overgrown and covered in moss.  Oh well, it's still pretty.


Now this was inside a thrift-shop we went into. It was hidden inside an alleyway, and I really liked the contrast between the shiny gold mirror and the old-fashioned building. All decorated by flashing neon christmas lights, of course.

Again, a full-size building. Can you see the difference? The bird here managed to fly by just as I was taking the photo, and I still can't decide whether it made the photo better or worse.




Another pretty house, covered in plants. Houses like this seem to fit into a fairytale, and they're incredibly beautiful, although I'm not sure I'd like to live in one.


And we've come full circle. This is the entrance to the model village, in model form. 


This was one of my favourite model houses they had. I don't know why exactly, but something about the overgrown building plastered with crisp, white letters was intriguing.

I really loved visiting the miniature village. Not only was it interesting to see an overview of the town, but it was also a great photography opportunity, as I got to try out different angles. It's quite rare you get to take a birds-eye photo of a building while standing on the ground.

It was the first time my dad had visited the village since he was twelve. He kept pointing out how much had changed, and memories he had from being a child here. It was a great day, and I really enjoyed exploring so many new places.

There'll be two more posts like this over the next few weeks, so make sure to follow me on bloglovin so you don't miss them! In the mean time, I hope you enjoyed this post.
Follow

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This looks nice! I hope you're having a good time!

    Lissanne ~ mysweet-bookaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! I love the whole miniature village idea. There is one in The Netherlands called Madurodam and it is a tiny version of The Netherlands and has everything from Anne Frank's House to Schiphol Airport.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, that sounds amazing! I just looked it up, hoping that it was in Amsterdam (I'm going there in a few weeks), but I guess I won't be able to see it.
      Thank you!

      Delete