Wanderlust // Places I Want to Travel to

21:19:00

You know that feeling you get when you're sick of staying in the same place? When you just want to get out of your little town and see the world? I'm having that right now. I'm so bored of where I live, and although I try to be grateful for everything in my life, it's quite hard as this is the time period where all the snow turns to slush and it's miserable all the time. I though I would bring myself and you guys something to look forward to or daydream about.

New York

I'm not really a big city type of gal, but think Taylor Swift's Welcome to New York has made me desperate to experience this city. Good thing too, because I'm going there later this spring! One of my favourite things in most large cities is seeing how the industrial part of the city interacts with the nature, for example dandelions creeping through the cracks in the pavement. I just think there's something really cool about that contrast! Which is definitely why I'm so excited to see the view from Empire State Building ad seeing the large rectangle of nature in the middle of such a large city.


Iceland
This is quite a random selection, and whenever I tell people that I'd love to visit Iceland, they always ask me why. I never have an answer for them. The nature seems to be quite similar to where I live now, but to me it just seems so different. The element I'd most like to see is definitely the geysers, as I think the freezing cold weather outside and the hot water from the ground seems so surreal.



Rome
I've been to Italy once before, when I visited Chieri, which is a gorgeous village right outside of Turin. I loved the architecture there and the old buildings that hold so many stories. I've heard Rome is even more amazing, and by the looks of it, it is definitely worth experiencing! I think if I went, I would definitely prioritise seeing Colosseum, which a friend of mine went to and told me she loved.




Southern France
When I was younger, my extended family  would spend two weeks in the south of France every summer. I loved it, and one of my very fondest memories are of waking up early in the mornings and wandering down the street hand-in-hand with my dad to the local bakery. We always used to buy two baguettes for breakfast for the rest of the family, but occasionally he would let me pick a sweet treat too. I always picked a pan au chocolat, and it is still my favourite. We sat in the bakery and eat, and it was always our little secret. I just really love the french culture, and I have studied french for three years (although I'm about as fluent in it as I am in Japanese). This summer it is highly likely that I'll be spending a few weeks in Nice at a language course, which I'm getting really pumped for.


Orlando
I'm such a Harry Potter geek, and ever since the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened, I've been dying to go! I think every persons dream is to be a witch and wizard and to attend Hogwarts, and The Wizarding World really makes this possible! However, I have to admit that I am way more excited for Diagon Alley, and especially the Weasley Wizard Wheezes jokeshop!



That's it for my very abridged list of places I would like to visit. I'm counting down the days until I leave for New York, and you can bet that I'll be sharing a bunch of photos with you!

Have you ever been to any of these places? Let me know what you thought of them!
Also, what are some places you would like to visit?


You Might Also Like

0 comments